Dear Guild Members
Our 2022 Judging season is off to a wonderful start and it has been lovely to see our judges back in theatres.
The first annual Guild Judges debrief session was held this week. It was a chance for the judges (open, junior and relief) to get together to celebrate and acknowledge areas of excellence after the awards ceremony. The purpose of the debrief is for the judges to calibrate, share and discuss fantastic examples they have witnessed and describe them to others who may not have judged a specific show. There was a great sense of pride and love for theatre expressed in this debrief and we hope to continue running the judges debrief along with the annual training session for judges. Thank you to Committee Member Karl McNamara and Judges Administrator Mitchell Brusamarello for facilitating and to our judges for participating.
We all look forward to the rest of 2022 with much anticipation and thank all our members for your ongoing support.
Our MTGV Annual General Meeting to be held on Saturday 2nd April 2022, 2:00pm.
The meeting will be held both in-person at Ringwood Secondary College and Online.
- The Judging year concludes on 31st October. Shows presented after this date will be included in the following Judging year.
- Your company/ school must be a member of the Music Theatre Guild of Victoria. An application for membership can be completed here.
- Once your membership form is submitted it will be ratified by the committee of management however your judging application can be, and should be submitted in the meantime.
- Judging Application(s) need to be submitted at least four (4) weeks / twenty-eight (28) days prior to the first performance in your shows show season.
- Once your Judging Application has been submitted, you will receive confirmation that this has been received at the email address you provided on your application.
- Please ensure your Company/ School contact details are up to date.
- Members of the Judging Panel will make contact with your company or ticket secretary to arrange tickets to attend your production.
- Each company/ school will make available to each judge 2 complimentary tickets (if required) and 1 complimentary program upon attendance. There are a total of 5 Judges for our Open and Junior Sections.To read more about Judging requirements visithttps://www.
Reminder: Judging – Concert/Revue Performance
The Concert or Revue Award can be a non-narrative or narrative production. It can be self devised, or available for hire through a rights company. It does not need to have “In Concert” within the title to be considered. As with Production of the Year, the panel assess the same criteria for the Concert / Revue Award.
- Achieves the creatives’ vision to the highest extent, within the scale and context of the company
- Rates highly across all categories
- Has no significant weak areas
- Overall flow and continuity within the production, combining all elements
We would love to see our member companies submit their concerts, no matter how big or small, to be judged in the 2022 judging year,
Expression of Interest for Judging Panels
If you (or anyone you know) are interested in becoming a judge for the 2022 season, please email an Expression of Interest and a copy of your theatrical resume to [email protected]
The Music Theatre Guild of Victoria Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation for the ongoing support, encouragement and development of non-professional music theatre in the state of Victoria, Australia.
The Guild also acknowledges companies, individuals, corporate bodies and foundations that sponsor our Bruce Awards each year in support of the Awards Night.
Currently we are seeking Expressions of Interest for sponsorship of the following Awards
- Junior Female Performer in a Leading Role (Junior Section)
- Choreography of a Junior Production Award (Junior Section)
- Choreography -Marie Cumisky Award (Open Section)
- Technical Achievement Award – Nigel Wallis Award (Open Section)
- Sound (Open Section)
For more information please contact [email protected]
SAVE THE DATE
Saturday 11th December 2022